Thursday, January 05, 2006

'Deciphering Me' at a later date

As I wheel around the bend into the final stretch of my last days in Calgary (at least for a while), my mind seems to have lost grip of all day-to-day "mind-banter"....and all that is left for the moment are remnants of random song quotes... over and over as I walk through my day, songs pop into my head for no reason apparent to me...I thought I would write some down, to share, but more importantly to decipher myself at a later date. The world is nothing without at least an attempt at inner-analysis:

"I need a photo-opportunity I want a shot at redemption Don't want to end up a cartoon In a cartoon graveyard" - Paul Simon

"Janie sings on the corner, what keeps her from dying? Let 'em say what they want, but she won't stop tryin', oh you know. She might stumble, if they push her around. She might fall, but she'll never lie down ... it's not so bad.." - Great Big Sea

"Driftwood floats, after years of erosion. Incoming tide touches roots to expose them, Quicksand steals my shoe, Clouds bring the f-stop blues" - Jack Johnson

"There are nine million bicycles in Beijing. That's a fact. It's a thing we can't deny, Like the fact that I will love you till I die" - Katie Melua

"Smiled and said 'yes I think we've met before'. In that instant it started to pour, Captured a taxi despite all the rain We drove in silence across pont champlain And all of the time you thought I was sad I was trying to remember your name..." - Stars

"I'm a coward I'm neurotic I'm just tired of living in here I'm depressive I'm obsessive I'm just tired of living in fear " - Holly McNarland

"If you don’t need it every day But sometimes don’t you just crave To disappear within your mind You never know what you might find So come and spend some time with me And we will spend it all at sea" - Jamie Cullum

No comments: