Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ok...Calgary update...and my new ship!

Wow, its been a while? (cracks knuckles, clears throat...)

ok...

I came to Calgary last Thursday... guess that would be a week ago already. I stayed with good buddy Graham from FS (aka. retail hell), and saw most of my friends, which was really really good. I took a 128 block roundtrip walk from Marda Loop up through downtown then up through my old stompin grounds north of downtown , stopping for a bite and a Cherry-Rootbeer shake at Peter's Drive-In, and finally back from whence I came (feet didnt even hurt the next day, so nyah!).

I also heard back from Princess Cruises Head Office saying that I can switch from the Star Princess to the Coral Princess for my next ship so that Grit could get on with me, so I gladly accepted it and immediately called everyone I know shouting with glee (I think I actually did shout the word "Glee"... who does that? I do!) So now that I accepted it, I had to cut my Calgary trip short and make a B-Line for Brooks so I could at least see my dad for the once small now smaller period of time... oh, and about to get smaller...read on...

I get to Brooks yesterday, everything goes perfectly, I set up my Dad's stereo system and all the trimmings in his new place (huge and so nice), and then I get an email from Head Office about my flight details....

Now I leave Oct 28th 7:48pm from Vancouver to Vegas, have a 1 hour stay in Vegas, and then fly to Miami, watch the sunrise and chill for a few hours, and then fly to Grand Cayman Island for noon on Sunday the 29th... good news is I get a full day, night, and overnight alone and unsupervised in Grand Cayman to do whatever the Hell I want (pun intended, click on link). Bad news is now my trip visiting my Dad and Anne (whom i have not seen since January) has gone from a pathetic 5 days, down to 3.5 days, to a soggy and under par 2 days...

(I know I know, most of you are probably thinking "wow, such a rough life you lead Mike...poor world traveller")

Screw Grand Cayman, I want time with my dad...

I think I'll just have to plan a much better visit next time I am back. I am spending a month at home next time, and then Grit and I are gonna find an old VW van and tour Europe for a few weeks (Josh and Graham, are we meeting in Rome or Naples?) :)

ok so... everything is going good, but everything is stressfull and I guess I just gotta make the best of what time I have with my friends and family... which is kinda what we all should be doing anyways...

K, I am gonna go for a run to my dad's work and then run to have lunch with him.... ciao!

love,

-M-

No comments: